Zero Tolerance Policy
To maintain a supportive and safe transitional living environment for all our residents and staff, Next Step Recovery has a strict “no tolerance” policy for the following behaviors/actions:
Violation of any of the following will result in immediate dismissal from NSR:
- Violence or threats of violence
- Weapons of any kind
- Stealing of any kind
- Bullying of any kind
- Sexual harassment
- Racial or sexual slurs
- Destruction of property
- Use or possession of drugs, alcohol and/or banned substances on or off property
- Sexual relations or intimate bodily contact with another NSR resident, staff or volunteer.
- Sex in any NSR home is not permitted. All are grounds for immediate dismissal.
- Abuse of over-the-counter or prescription medication
- Smoking, vaping, lighting candles, or incense inside the homes. No smoking or vaping in the breezeway or stairs – designated smoking areas ONLY.
- Refusal to give a urine screen or breathalyzer will result in immediate dismissal
- Not currently using Suboxone, Methadone, K2, Spice, or any other controlled substance, including but not limited to, Valerian root, Kava Kava, diet pills, or “bath salts.”
Residents who have participated in any of these behaviors/actions will be required to leave the program immediately.
A complete list of Next Step Recovery’s program policies and standards can be reviewed in our House Contract. Several key policies are summarized below.
Smoking is permitted outside in designated smoking areas only. No smoking or vaping inside any of the houses.
Visitors are not permitted in sleeping areas, with the exception of family members who may be shown the sleeping area for a maximum of 10 minutes. Female visitors are not allowed in homes. Family members are always welcome in the common living areas.
Animals are not permitted.
Residents are prohibited from taking narcotic pain medications and benzodiazepines such as Xanax, Ativan, and Klonopin. Cough and flu medicines and mouthwashes that contain alcohol are also prohibited. All other approved medicines must be self-administered by residents who are responsible for obtaining their own refills, as needed.
*Next Step Recovery is a MAT friendly environment that supports Sublocade,Vivitrol, and Naltrexone. We currently are not a Vivitrol provider.
Click here for an overview of our Recovery Stage Advancement program.
Please note that individual cases are reviewed by the Executive Director at every stage.
Admission is voluntary and at the discretion of Next Step Recovery. Men join our transitional living community because they are committed to working on their own recovery and helping others do the same.
To ensure we maintain a safe environment for our residents and staff, all applicants will be subject to a background check and a telephone interview. No applicant will be accepted with a history of violent crimes, arson, assault on a female, or sexual assault charges or convictions.